Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Babyweight & Me.

Am I back?! Really back? Yup, I think I am...the Christmas holidays are through, the New Year is upon us and I have a renewed energy for blogging, working out, and just getting back on track. :)

My battle with this babyweight has been something I've been struggling with for the past 4 years. In my mind, I know what it takes to lose it, but for one reason or another, I haven't bought 100% into that idea. 2009 was the year I decided to make a change. I started running and going to the gym consistently. I worked out religiously and I enjoyed going to the gym. The weight started to come off quickly and I became more and more addicted to the endorphin high. I plateaued about 3-4 months into my new workout regime. My weightloss remained stagnant at 17 lbs.

I was delusional to think that just because I was running and working out, I could continue to stuff my face with the same old junk.

(Excerpt taken from Skinny Bitch):

"Stop being a moron and start getting skinny! If you can't take one more day of self-loathing, your ready to hear the truth: You cannot keep shoveling the same crap into your mouth every day and expect to lose weight."

"Junk food will never go away. It becomes more alluring by the minute with laboratory-developed aromas, artificial flavors, chemical food colors, toxic preservatives, and heart-stopping hydrogenated oils. We know these are impossible to resist, but no one ever got skinny on junk food. Use your head. Candy bars, potato chips and ice cream taste like heaven, of course. But they will pitch a tent on your hips and camp out all year long."

Soooo...as much as I hate it, I HAVE to change my diet. I HAVE to change what I am putting into my body. And I HAVE to make this change for life...not until I reach a certain size or weight...for LIFE.

And while I have always known this is the ONLY way I will be able to shed the pounds, I don't know why I continue to ignore this.

Maybe its because I have never really had to watch what I ate...it wasn't until after I had Noah that I had ever experienced excess weight to the extent of being considered "overweight." I continued to eat what I normally did and worked out very little as I got used to my new role as "mommy." I still had an excess of 40 lbs on my frame when I got pregnant with Caleb, and now, 20 months post-partum it is safe to say that I am easily 40-50 lbs overweight. Sooo, as I wrap my mind around that, I know what has to be done.

I think this time I'm ready...

0 comments: