Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello 2010!

In the big scheme of things, 2009 was a rather uneventful year for the Phillips family...our family has been go-Go-GO since...heck, since we got married, that it was nice to have a year where no one gave birth, no one was deployed, no one moved, and no one got pregnant. :) Here's a look back at some of the major events in our family since 2001:


2001

Babydaddy graduated from ODU

Babydaddy went to OCS & earned a commission to the US navy


2002

Babydaddy got stationed to his first command an an Ensign in Norfolk, VA

I graduated from ODU

We got engaged

I got my first teaching job

We got married Dec. 14, 2002

We moved in together


2003

Babydaddy deployed January - May

FIL deployed to Kuwait January - April

My parents & brother moved to Pasadena, CA

Visited my parents twice in CA: April & December


2004

Babydaddy got promoted to 0-2 (LTjg in the Navy)

I switched jobs; went from teaching 3rd grade to Director of Ed for Sylvan Learning Center

Had a miscarriage :(

Started grad school for my M.Ed
My dad moved back to VA to start a new job; Mom & Ron still in CA

Moved to a new apartment


2005

Got pregnant! (and this one stuck!)

Babydaddy gone 75% of this year...eventually deployed for 6 months Sept - March
Mom & Ron move back to VA

Quit my jobby job at Sylvan to focus on being a MOMMY

Had Noah in November! :)


2006

Babydaddy got promoted to 0-3 (LT in Navy)

Babydaddy came home from deployment in March & met 4 mo old Noah for the 1st time :)

Babydaddy got surgery for a torn peck and was med down for a month!

We bought our first house in June in Virginia Beach

Spent the summer remodeling & fixing up the house

Got the PERFECT part-time job teaching 3rd grade 2x a week for a private Christian school. (To date this has been my favorite job EVER.)

Had Noah's 1st birthday in our new house

Hosted Thanksgiving & Christmas in our first house


2007

Received news we were to be transferred 5 months earlier than expected!

Mad scramble to get the house on the market

Moved to FL March 23, 2007

Sold VA house May 1, 2007 (Praise God!)

Was extremely homesick :(

Got pregnant! :)

Bought our Chevy Tahoe (in prep for Baby #2's arrival)

Spent Christmas in VA


2008

I spent most of the first part of the yr in a pregnancy-induced haze

Had Caleb in May! :)

Noah started Mothers Day Out in July

Enrolled Noah in preschool in August

Spent Thanksgiving with the ILs here

Potty-trained Noah

Took the kids to Disney World for the first time :)

Finished requirements for my M. Ed :)

Celebrated Christmas quietly...just us :)


2009

Realized I wanted to live a life worth living...started running on my 31st birthday

Attended my first group fitness class (Box & Sweat, then Bodypump)

Ran 2 5ks

Received my M. Ed diploma

Babydaddy completed his MBA

Celebrated Caleb's 1st birthday

Became consistent with my workouts, going to the gym at least 3x a week for most of the year

Got my DSLR camera (yes this deserved recognition!)
Celebrated Christmas with the entire Phillips brood in our home.
And that sums up our life for the last decade! :) Like I said, this past year was rather uneventful, but welcomed at the same time. Its funny...just as we start to get comfortable with being here in FL, we need to start gearing up for a move again. Such is the life for a Navy family! Hope you all have a fantastic 2010! :)



0 comments: