Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Toy Story.

So every year I tell myself I will be more organized. I used to be such an organized, neat, clutter-free person...then I had kids. When Noah came around, his baby things took over the house, but I was still able to maintain a semblance of organization...now with 2 kiddos running around, its nearly impossible! Our house seems smaller too...the way too open layout is getting to me (I hate how you can walk through the front door and see the entire house). I am sooo ready to move! I hear the houses up in MD are bigger and most have basements, so I am quite excited. :)

Anyhow, after Christmas, Babydaddy & I knew we had to do something about the massive amounts of toys the boys had all over the house. We had to make room for the new ones, plus with the move coming up soon, we wanted to purge some stuff anyway. And so Operation Purge the Toys was underway...

We collected all the diecast Monster Trucks, Hot Wheels, Matchbox cars, and Cars figurines and put them into a large wicker laundry basket...I swear there's over 150 cars in there. The boys can't get enough of these! I picked up all the stray books I found in the living room and collected them in this basket. These books don't include the ones in Noah's room and our office. We love books in this family. :)
All the larger toy trucks and cars went into the toy chest.

After purging 1 HUGE box and several large black trashbags of toys, we put the "For Keeps" toys in their respective spots on the hearth...in a perfect world, the toys would stay there forever.
But in MY world, this is what the living room looked like 10 minutes after the boys woke up this morning. SIGH.
Oh well. At least we've got a place for everything. :) Next on Operation Purge: the boys' closets...

0 comments: