Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a nice, relaxing weekend this was. :) There's nothing I love more than weekends because weekends mean non-stop family time. I hate to see it end, but it was definitely a good one. :)

We started our weekend by going to see the airplanes at NAS Whiting Field's 66th Anniversary. It was pretty chilly when we left the house and we had forgotten how much colder it is on the flightline! My head was frozen by the time we left...and we were out there only about an hour!

Caleb was so excited in this picture...he was yelling something! :)
Noah in a Marine helo...aircraft doesn't really excite him as much as trucks do. :o) LOL.

And here he is...in front of a firetruck...excuse his expression...he really WAS excited! :)
The three of us in front of a firetruck...
...and the 3 of us in front of a plane...
Babydaddy and the boys in front of a POW Ford F-150...both boys were quite excited about this one. :)
After about an hour, we headed home because it was naptime for Caleb, and because Babydaddy needed to get the Tahoe serviced. After both kids napped, we headed out for a sweet treat from Baskin Robbins...
There's my 17 month old looking like a little man. :)
And my almost 4-year-old (in a week!!) acting like an almost 4-year-old! ;)
I ordered a small milkshake...and Caleb seemed to like it more than I did. :)
As we were walking outside of the Baskin Robbins, I spied a store selling New Moon t-shirts! I had to take a look...and ended up empty-handed! Oh well...
We rounded out our evening with a grocery store trip to Publix and a nice relaxing Saturday evening reading...
This morning we all slept in until 7:45AM! Babydaddy made a delicious Southern breakfast of biscuits and sausage gravy. I looooooooove me some biscuits and sausage gravy! It must be the 22 years I lived in Virginia...although after living here in the DIRTY south, I no longer consider VA as a part of the South... :p
We made a quick trip to Hell on Earth, aka Walmart for 2 items, and ended up spending $100 on Wii accessories, pjs for the kids, and the New Moon soundtrack. Don't you just love that?! :p
We had lunch at home, put the kids down for a nap, which they really weren't feeling since we had slept in so late, and made an impromptu trip to the mall because I wanted to exchange my empty MAC containers for a new lipstick (check out MAC's Back to MAC program) and I needed to repurchase a lipliner and an eyeshadow. I also ended up with some cute tops from Old Navy (can't beat $8!) and I got my eyebrows threaded thanks to a new kiosk in the mall. New makeup, new clothes, threaded eyebrows=quite the happy mama right now! :)
For dinner, we had the yummiest Crock-Pot baked potato soup ever...soooo easy. I got the recipe from my homegirl MRG, and its been a staple in the Phillips Ohana ever since.
8-10 potatoes peeled and cubed
1 block of light cream cheese
2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small onion, diced
5-6 pieces of bacon
Place cubed potatoes and onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Put the block of cream cheese on top of potatoes. dump in the two cans of broth and soup. place the bacon on top. Cook for 5-6 hours on high. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese.
Heaven in a bowl. :)
That was our weekend in a nutshell. Gonna rest up for the week ahead...night, ya'll!

0 comments: