Monday, January 4, 2010

Back at it!

Today is the day I chose to kick off my new eating plan (trying not to say the word "diet") and workout regimen. I had originally planned on going to the gym after Babydaddy got home but since both kids had slept in this morning, I decided to get ready, feed them breakfast and head out in the frigid temps so that I could get it out of the way. :) I'm glad I did! I am not really a fan of going to the gym in the evening because by the time 6 PM rolls around, I am winding down for the day. Anyway, at the gym I did another glorious 40 minutes of cardio on the treadmill and burned 476 calories. When I got home, I put Caleb down for a nap, gave Noah an apple and turned his laptop on for him and did Jillian's 30 Day Shred, Level 1. I burned 279 calories for a total of 755 calories burned today. :) YAY!

So with the new eating plan, I've alotted myself about 1,200 calories a day. I know I'm a dork, but the calorie counting is kind of fun...seeing how many I can consume and burn. :) This little book and food journal will be my best pals for this journey...

Now, what I didn't take into account while meal planning was the amount of calories I would be burning. After doing some checking and balancing, with my workouts, I will only be consuming 400 calories! ACK! I'll definitely be adding more to my diet.

My after workout snack was some yummy Fage & honey (180 cals)...Noah ate a quarter of it. :)

For lunch I had one serving of chicken noodle soup...130 calories;
1/2 an apple (Noah ate the other half...lol. 36 cals);
And 6 almonds (75 cals).
I luckily have an old friend from high school who is a registered dietician and exercise physiologist and she offered to give me some nutritional advice. She's the only one besides my husband and myself who knows how much I weigh. :p LOL. We'll see what she has to say... :)

0 comments: