Sunday, January 3, 2010

Grocery store meltdown.

So today was grocery shopping day in the Phillips Ohana, and we like to make it a family affair. :) The timing has to be right: after Caleb's nap and after they've eaten; so that the trip goes as smoothly as possible. Today we decided to hit up the Apple Market Grocery store in Pensacola. Its a family-owned corner store, and while it didn't live up to our hopes of being our Pensacola Trader Joe's (we don't have a TJ's here...*cries*), it was a cute little grocery store with a great deli and a cute local coffee shop chain called The Drowsy Poet. Babydaddy & I got a couple sandwiches for lunch and coffee to boot. :)

I got the classic beef: roast beef, provolone, lettuce, & tomato on whole wheat.
Delish! :) Very fresh.
The coffee was good too...I ordered a small white chocolate mocha.
After our visit to Apple Market, we made our way back to Pace to hit up Publix. By then, Caleb was in rare form. He didn't want to sit in the cart, he didn't want to walk (he had a face-down-on-the-floor moment) and he wasn't being quiet about it. Thank goodness for the Publix Cookie Club: free cookies for kids. :) That, paired with those carts that have the steering wheels, we were good for half an hour. Even then though, he kept throwing his sippy cup at me. :p
We made our way around the store. This week Babydaddy & I vowed to get back on the healthy eating bandwagon so we chose a lot of fresh fruits and salad veggies. Here's some of the loot...
Truvia, an all-natural sweetener made from the stevia plant.
Larabars, which I have been seeing all over the blogosphere. The Fitnessista is a fan. :)
Honeycrisp apples and Bartlett pears. The honeycrisp apples were our splurge ($2.50/lb?!) and we love us some pears. :)
I picked up some cottage cheese & fruit for me (Babydaddy is NOT a fan)...my fave...
Greek yogurt of course, his & her's. I turned Babydaddy onto Greek yogurt and now he can't eat the regular stuff. :)We decided to try salad spritzers for our salads, rather than dressing. 1 calorie per spritz?! I had to try this out for myself...
I wrote up what I'll be eating tomorrow and it comes up to 1,145 calories, not including the salad greens I'll be eating with my lunch & dinner and my morning coffee. I predict I'll round out at 1,300-1,400 calories tomorrow. Bring on the food withdrawal headaches. :p I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!!!
Nighty-night. :)

0 comments: