Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Finding my motivation.

Babydaddy & I are on the weightloss/healthy eating challenge together so every night I post an inspirational quote in hopes of keeping us motivated on this journey. Here are the sayings I've posted so far...

Excuse the toothpaste on the mirrors...the boys can get a little out of hand with their toothbrushes in the morning. ;)
This morning for breakfast, Noah & I split an apple and I had 1/2 a cup of Cabot's Greek style yogurt...I don't usually see the big tubs of Greek yogurt, so even though I wasn't familiar with the brand, I picked it up anyway. It was surprisingly good. :)
I chopped up my half of the apple and topped my yogurt with it. Filling & delicious. :)
After the morning rush---today was our Monday; Noah's school always starts on a Tuesday after Christmas break---I packed the kids up and headed to school and the gym.
This morning I was in paaaaain thanks to Ms. Jillian Michaels. I've done her 30 Day Shred workout numerous times and every time I start over she always manages to make me HURT the next day. So I got to the gym and couldn't do much more than walk on an incline on the treamdill. I tried to run and did for maybe 10 minutes or so, but for the rest of the 35 minutes, I walked on a 2% incline. I burned 370 calories. Afterwards, I came home, put Caleb down for a nap and met with my trainer Jillian. :) I'm trying to do her workout for the 30 days; today was day 2 and I burned 256 calories. I cheated a little on the cardio. :p I burned a total of 626 calories today. :)
After my workout, I snacked on a Clif bar and H20. :)
Dinner tonight was a salad monster...
and a vegetarian chili.The chili was blech so I just ate the salad. :p I also added some unpictured sauteed mushrooms to my salad. It was sooooooo good and surprisingly filling! Just 2 days into my little calorie-counting foray and I am amazed to see how LITTLE calories fruits and veggies have. I could literally eat carts full of fruits and veggies and consume very little calories. Its wonderful! (I know, DUH, right?!)
I rounded out my evening with a yummy honeycrisp apple while meal-planning and watching the Biggest Loser. :)
So after talking to my dietician friend (BS in Nutrition & MS in Exercise Science) and another friend (personal training certification) and my Babydaddy (BS in Exercise Science) I am more confused than ever as to how many calories I should be consuming. Actually, let me take that back. I'm not REALLY confused...I KNOW I should be consuming more food, but a whopping 2200 calories a day?! How am I supposed to lose weight that way?! I'll get it together sooner or later but I'm just being stubborn right now :p
Anyway, I'm signing off for tonight peeps...good night!! :)

0 comments: