Thursday, January 7, 2010

Friday morning at Pike Place Market.

Wow, it sure has been SOME week! I am exhausted! In hindsight, I guess I shouldn't have started a new eating plan (that's probably 1000+ calories LESS than what I'm used to eating) and exercise regimen the week that school starts back up from a 2 week hiatus. Getting used to the 5AM (well, this week its been 5:30...my alarm has been waking me up and I HATE being woken up by my alarm!) wakeup calls AND the morning rush AND working out AND eating less was probably a bit much to put on my plate. Nonetheless, I survived...Friday is finally here! I am looking forward to sleeping in a bit tomorrow.


I needed an extra pick me up this morning so I brewed my new Starbucks Pike Place Roast coffee I got for Christmas. I am usually a bulk coffee kinda gal, so I pick up the biggest tub of Maxwell House or Folgers or Community Coffee I can find and usually shy away from those little itty bitty bags of coffee. This Pike Place Roast might have to be the exception to my rule because this was some GOOOOOD coffee! I enjoyed it very much and can't wait to brew another cup tomorrow morning. :) Its a robust, smooth coffee...yummy yum yum yum!


So, as part of my new exercise regimen, I've been adding strength training dvds to my cardio workouts. I tried to do the 30 Day Shred for the recommended 30 days, but how realistic is that? Its not usual practice to work the same muscle groups 2 days in a row, and while there are 3 levels of workout on the Shred dvd, you have to be able to complete (without cheating) one level before moving onto the next...or at least in my eyes. I'm not knocking the Shred dvd...its an AWESOME workout, but honestly, I get bored easily and like variety. So for the last couple days, rather than doing the Shred dvd, I've been doing the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt dvd.


I love it! You can customize your workout, skip and add segments, and it truly is a strength training dvd. I've only done the Jillian segment of the dvd, but next week I'll add the Bob & Kim segments. I'm looking forward to the other Biggest Loser dvds I got...you really do get a workout. In 20 minutes of the Power Sculpt dvd, I burned 200 calories. Not bad. I don't usually burn much while strength training on my own. I also burned 376 calories during my cardio workout this morning, for a total of 576 today. :)

Ok guys...I'm signing off for now...I need SLEEP! :)

0 comments: