Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend Blog-worthy Eats.

So would you all think I'm weird if I say that I am actually enjoying this whole healthy-eating change I've adopted?? Its fun to see how much I can eat for a small amount of calories...and its also fun to see just how tasty these healthy eats are! Its like my eyes have been opened...I have officially crossed to the other side. :) LOL!

Yesterday, after my morning cardio workout (treadmill & elliptical; 435 calories burned), I had a yummy breakfast of 3 egg whites, tomatoes, 3 Little Smokies, & green onions. It started out as an omelette...

And ended up as a scramble. :) I topped it with a teeny tiny bit of cheese. Total calories: 236. :)

We spent Saturday afternoon gallavanting around Pensacola. We made a stop at Sam's Club, which is usually a fun little outing, but Caleb was in rare form again, so we made it in and out in about 30 minutes. We picked up Clif bars, more stevia sweetener, Kashi cereal, and diapers for the little guy.

For dinner, Babydaddy concocted a little chicken fajita meal consisting of 2 tortillas, 8 oz of chicken, 4 tbsp of fat free sour cream, veggies, & cheese. Total calories: 517. It was delish, filling, and very satisfying. :)
For Saturday, I consumed a total of 1767 calories, burned 435; my net amount of calories was 1332.



This morning, the boys let us sleep until 7AM so we had a glorious 9 hours of sleep!! My body needed the extra sleep I got this weekend. :) It was a rare occasion when I made Sunday's breakfast, but Babydaddy welcomed it. :) Breakfast was a filling and delicious mix of 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup Kashi almond/honey/flax and 5 strawberries. Total calories: 230.



After a leisurely morning, Caleb went down for a nap and I went to take a shower. Babydaddy took our leftovers from dinner last night and made a yummy sandwich for lunch. With the sandwich thins (bread), veggies, & Laughing Cow cheese, the total amount of calories came to 280.

Some honorable mentions from this weekend: my new go-to Starbucks drink, a soy chai latte, no water. Total calories: 170.And always a yummy treat: Breakstone's Cottage Doubles. Total calories: 130.


I never thought I could do the whole calorie counting thing...but it really is eye-opening to see how much food I CAN have for 1500 calories a day. It also opens my eyes to how many calories I used to consume before. I don't even want to know! :p


I haven't worked out today; technically today is a rest day for me, but I think I might do some yoga tonight. I got The Biggest Loser Weightloss Yoga dvd and I'm thinking tonight be the night to try it out...I need to get some stretching in. :) I'll report back to let you know how it goes. For now, though, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Sunday! :)

2 comments:

KCB said...

Ooooh, is that the new OPI polish I sent you? Looks great, mamas! And the food looks delish!

Roselyn said...

Yup, that's Here Today Aragon Tomorrow!! :) You're right, it makes me feel hip. I only wish the formula wasn't so sheer!