Monday, January 11, 2010

Getting Monday started right...or trying to.

One of my fellow 101ers (Finding Joy! 101) gave me motivation to start making it a habit to make my bed in the mornings. As it is, our bed just stays messy until I change the sheets. Its a terrible habit that I wanted to change, since we will one day be telling our kids to keep their rooms clean.

So taking Joy's cue (and because we got a cute new coverlet this weekend), I made our bed. Such a simple task, yet it makes me feel so accomplished. :)



Of course, less than 30 seconds later, my little monsters were all up in it making a mess again.


Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. :)

My Monday morning started out a little rocky...at exactly 6:04AM our power went out. And for no particular reason at all...it just decided to go out. So there I was, in the dark, in my underwear, with my hair in a towel, with no power. It was 14 degrees outside (yes in Florida) so it got chilly pretty quickly. Thankfully, the power outage only lasted 26 minutes...at 6:30AM our power was restored. Hallelujah.

For breakfast I had a yummy sweet treat of Fage w/honey and a peanut pretzel granola bar. It almost felt like I was eating dessert rather than breakfast, it was so decadent. :)


Best of all, combined, it was a total of 340 calories. :) I read somewhere that if one has a breakfast of 300 calories, they save 100 calories throughout the day. Food for thought... ;)

After scrambling and making it out of the house on time, I find out ALL the traffic lights in the Milton from my house to the interstate are OUT! But wouldn't you know, the ONLY time Miltonites are courteous drivers is when the traffic lights aren't working. What could have been a chaotic morning commute went by rather smoothly, even if it was 20 minutes longer this particular morning. :p Thank goodness for dual-screen dvd players and the Backyardigans.

Once Noah was dropped off at school, Caleb and I made our way to the gym...I did my 40 minutes of cardio and burned 431 calories.

At home, I decided to do the upper & lower body sculpting segments of TBL's Last Chance Workout, and in 20 minutes I really broke a sweat! The lower body workouts were killer; I ended up burning more during that segment than with the upper body segment. Total, I burned 183 calories. Total cals burned for the day: 614.

Lunch today wasn't anything special...just a Lean Cuisine. It was actually pretty tasty. I also added a Breakstone's Cottage Doubles, making my lunch calorie total: 440.


We decided to make dinner a little bigger tonight, since both Babydaddy & I killed a ton of calories working out. We made some broccoli & cauliflower...

...some turkey burgers...


...and some chicken noodle soup.


Total for all that food: 545 calories! Its so much fun preparing food and finding out the calories aren't that much...I know I'm a nerd.

My evening, after the kids go to bed, blogging snack was an organic granola bar, 130 calories.

My total caloric intake for today was 1755. I burned 614, so my net caloric intake was 1141. :) A little less than the 1430 I alotted for myself, but I feel good and not hungry, so I'm not worried about it.
Sorry for all the calorie talk lately, its just a new thing for me and I am learning so much about food and nutrition. Its also a great feeling to not feel deprived; its quite refreshing actually. :) 2 benefits to this lifestyle change so far: 1) the kids are trying new foods and liking it; and 2) extra money isn't going towards take-out. Win-win!
*Yawn* I'm Ms. Sleepy Pants right now, so I'll end here...'til next time...

6 comments:

KCB said...

Cuuuute coverlet! We feng-shui'd our bedroom this weekend and now I'm on the hunt for a new duvet/sheet set. :) And, as of the first of the year, I've been trying to make our bed every morning, too. You're right; such a simple and fast task that makes a world of difference!

Sook said...

Adorable kids! :)

Simply Life said...

oh that breakfast does look great!

Chris said...

Welcome to the Foodie Blogroll!

Great pictures. Why is the bed all straight like that and the linens flat? I've never seen ours like that, aren't they supposed to be all wrinkle and thrown around (ha ha ha).

I smiled at the smiley face, too cute.

Pam said...

Cute kids and congrats on the foodie blogroll!

Enjoy!

Joy said...

i love the coverlet! isn't it sad that had to be on my 101 list! lol. but worth it - so simple like you said but makes such a major difference!